So this week in the garden was pretty awesome because I got to see some of the fruits of my labor in the form of a huge zucchini that I got! Unfortunately I couldn't eat it because of the pesticides that were sprayed. :( Anyway, all the plants in my garden are doing very well except for the basil...it died... But everything else is starting to get some size to it except the marigold. It is growing just very very very slowly.... I weeded the garden and picked some of the vegetables that were starting to get big because we can't eat them and picking them will make the plants put more effort into other vegetables. I also set up the stringing on my stakes so that my tomatoes have something stable to grow on and don't fall over over when they start growing heavy tomatoes on them. Finally, I will discuss what parts of my plants I will be eating. I will be eating the stem of the corabi, the leaves of the scallions, and lettuce, the fruits (ovaries) if the beans eggplant, zucchini, and tomato, and possibly the seeds of the sunflower (if it ever gets a flower on it...).
Bean
Bean Plants
Eggplants
Zuchinni
Sunflowers
Marigold
Lettuce
Corabi
Scallions
Tomatoes
Zucchini
More zucchini












No comments:
Post a Comment