Friday, October 19, 2012

So this week in the garden we did the same things as normal and I rebuilt my mounds. I didn't plant any new plants but some of my plants, especially my zucchini, are doing excellent. My zucchini are actually getting huge flowers on them! I did fertilizer and pesticides like normal, but one of my teachers sprayed some super pesticides all over the plants because our gardens were having a hard time and it worked wonderfully. In class we discussed the different kinds of pests that can inhibit garden growth; these include a lot of insects and protists. I saw a huge caterpillar on one of my classmates plants and I even got a picture of him. I had a significant problem with white flies, but I think that the new pesticide eradicated them pretty effectively. My tomaetos arent dying or shrinking, but they just don't seem to be getting any bigger, I concentrated more fertilizer in their area so we will see if that makes a difference. I also put in the stakes that I will later tie ropes around for by tomatoes to grow on. My basil is doing absolutely terrible though, it just got really droopy all of a sudden, I am wondering if it caught some kind of disease....

 Caterpillar
 Tomatoes
 Eggplant
 Zuchinni with flowers
 Beans
 Pitiful Basil
 Marigold
 Sunflowers
 Scallions
 Lettuce
Corabi

No comments:

Post a Comment