Friday, October 12, 2012

Update

So this week we didn't really do much extra. I just used pesticides and fertilizers on my plants. They are all doing pretty well. My zucchini plants are getting some silver stuff all over the leaves. Apparently it is from flies eating other leaves, they do something to the leaves that causes the outermost layer to separate from the rest of the leaf. This causes a layer of air to form in between and the plant leaves cannot as successfully perform for the plant. I also got some leaf rollers. They make some kind of silk to make the leaf sticky and roll it up but to make a cocoon inside but my professor killed them before I got the chance to take a picture. We had a quiz in class so we didn't go over any new material. I have the pictures on my phone but my cable broke so I am trying to get them up but it will be a little longer in a second update. My tomaeto  plants are making a resurgence and my eggplants are making headway. The healthiest plants though are the sunflowers and the beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment